Prestigious and innovative homes
A second-generation family business for over 45 years.
Sotramont is involved in the following residential development projects:
- Bois-Franc in Saint-Laurent, with more than 2,000 residential dwellings built so far
- Quartier Greenwich in Pointe-Claire, where more than 1,000 homes will be built
- Griffintown, where 415 condominium and commercial units (including rentals) will be built
- Riverside Saint-Lambert, where 55 condominiums will be built
- The very first LEED® Gold building to be constructed in Quebec in the 4 storeys-or-more category (Place des Nations Phase 1 in Bois-Franc).
In 2014, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) recognized Phase 2 of Bois-Franc’s Place des Nations as the highest performing LEED® Gold project in the world.
On April 1, 2014, as part of the Montreal Real Estate Forum, UDI Québec – the leading real estate association in the province – named Sotramont the winner of the 2014 Excellence in Real Estate Communications and Marketing award. Sotramont captured the prize for its residential development project in Pointe-Claire. This distinction recognizes the project participants for the high quality of their work and character.
Platinum Certification — Guaranteed quality in housing / Association des constructeurs du Québec (Association of Quebec builders). Highest level of competence and reliability, including excellence in post-sales service.
Award and distinctions
As a Qualité Habitation platinum-certified entrepreneur, Sotramont is not only recognized as a provider of top-of-the-line products, but the company has also won a number of awards over the years for creating single-family dwellings, townhouses and condos that meet the highest standards of excellence in the industry.
Since 2010, Sotramont President Marc-André Roy has served as president of the Qualité Habitation insurance plan for new homes on behalf of the Association de la Construction du Québec. His current mandate prevents him from participating in any of the awards activities held by the Association in order to prevent any appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Émérite 2008 Entrepreneur of the year – Single-family dwelling over $400,000
- Émérite 2008 Entrepreneur of the year for overall residential project – Bois-Franc
- Émérite 2004 Entrepreneur of the year – Prestige single-family dwellings
- Émérite 2003 Residential project of the year – Bois-Franc
- Émérite 2002 Entrepreneur of the year – Prestige production
- Émérite 2001 Entrepreneur of the year
- Émérite 2000 award – Île de la Brunante – Bois-Franc